2012. 'Introduction to the Foundation' event.
The Frederick Ashton Foundation held its first 'Introduction to the Foundation' at the Royal Ballet School on Wednesday 26 September 2012 when members of the invited audience were able to hear about the aims and objectives of the Foundation, meet the Trustees and view a short programme presented by members of The Royal Ballet .
The programme included the following items:
• Yuhui Choe danced the Polka from Façade
• Ursula Hageli talked on teaching and recreating Ashton's choreography, using Foyer de danse as an example
• Romany Padjak danced an excerpt from Foyer de danse
• A film extract was shown of Frederick Ashton rehearsing Antoinette Sibley and Anthony Dowell in the Thaïs pas de deux
• Romany Padjak danced a solo from The Wise Virgins
• Hikaru Kobayashi and Federico Bonelli danced the pas de deux from Rhapsody